Best textbooks for medical students

What are the top textbooks you consider the best for Medical students?

Medical books

Notify of
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Itohanosa Eriamiator
Itohanosa Eriamiator
1 year ago

Kelth moore for clinical anatomy, Guyton and hall physiology and Dm vasudeva biochemistry. All the textbook listed are standard textbooks which could aid easy understanding as well as making sure, the basic concepts are intact. That’s my recommendation.

Faith shulammite
Faith shulammite
1 year ago

To understand the basics of pharmacology, Lippincott illustrated review. For stuffs 😅, Goodman and Gilman’s pharmacology and therapeutics text book will get the job done😊

chineme
chineme
1 year ago

Guyton and Hall and Essential physiology——physiology
Textbook of histology by Gartner,BRS Physiology —– Histology
Langman Embryology(Sadler)—–Embryology
Chaursia, last anatomy, Frank netters——-Anatomy
DM vasudevaan, Harper’s —– Medical Biochemistry

Eximia_dc
Eximia_dc
1 year ago

I would recommended Keith Moore Clinically oriented anatomy and Vishram Singh for gross anatomy, Netter’s Atlas also if you want a clearer picture of the structures.
-Junqueira for Histology
-Keith Moore embryology textbook for embryology
-Harper’s and Vasudevan for biochemistry
-Essential physiology and Guyton and Hall for Physiology
Ps:Watch Acland’s Videos too. It’s really helpful

Gboega
Gboega
1 year ago

Hey, I hope this isn’t too late though.

Personally, I’ve discovered that using at least two textbooks (could be more) helps you to broaden your scope, and really get the topic you’re dealing with (Like I said, personally).
If you’re new to College, it might seem high and mighty (one textbook alone is high and mighty 😂), but it really isn’t. Just one step at a time.
Now, to the books (I’ll add why I recommend the books too to see if that helps✌️).

Biochemistry –
D.M Vasudevan seems a sure banker, it’s basic and easy to learn/cram whichever suits you. Lippincott is also nice too (It’s precise).

Physiology –
If you like easy English, and you have no base knowledge of the Topic I’d advise K.Sembulingam to begin with. After this (or if you don’t mind taking a while to comprehend the “stuff”) dive into Guyton & Hall (your life will never remain the same😉)

Anatomy

Histology –
Junquiera, no cap🙅

Embryology –
T.W Sadler (It’s pretty basic, and is like a bank of clinical correlates). However I stumbled across a really nice book, with nice diagrams, and easy language as well, so I highly recomend it, Before We Were Born by Keith .L Moore and someone I can’t remember now. (Oh yeah, try getting an embryology atlas too, it helps, I think Frank Better has one).

Gross Anatomy –
My Authority in Gross Anatomy is Gray’s Anatomy 🙂, Simple English, amazing diagrams, and before you know it, you’re done with the topic with understanding too✌️. If you want clinical correlates try Keith .L Moore (although, like the title says, it’s Clinically oriented, you’re expected to have an idea before opening Keith Moore, or it’ll take a lot of time). If you feel up for it there’s Gray’s Clinical Approach to Anatomy(it has all the stuff in Keith Moore, just way extra y nobody will ask you now😂), I guarantee you’ll find everything in “that” Gray even Neuroanatomy and embryology (it’s quite concise).
Then of course, get an Atlas, F. Netter because it’s detailed, Gray because in P&P there are stuffs missing in F.Netter.
If you like dissection try Grant’s Atlas too✌️😉 .

I hope this message isn’t too long and you could read it through 😅. Hope this helps✌️.

PamPam
PamPam
Reply to  Gboega
1 year ago

Long but very helpful. Thanks a lot. What about videos? Any recommendation?

Gboega
Gboega
1 year ago

Oh yeah, in Pharmacology there’s one Lord to rule them all, one Lord to bind them, Katzung and Trevor series (Sorry, that’s Lord of the Rings😉).
But you get the concept sha. There’s the Pocket friendly version, and there’s the “All-in-one” Basic And Clinical Pharmacology, It will just take your time ni😂😂. You could try Lipincott Pharmacology for sharp sharp/Introduction sha.

All in all, College is about finding what suits you, same with the books.
And Of course, your lecturers notes/materials is the most important 😉